Andrew Pudewa in the Institute for Excellence in Writing has 5 GREAT TIPS for writing great paragraphs
- Understand what you read and write by making Key Word Outlines.
- Rewrite to combine your ideas into more complete sentences using “who/which” clauses
- Enhance and improve each sentence with “Dress-ups” such as “-ly” words, strong verbs and adjectives, etc.
- Discover how excellent writers effective vary their “Sentence Openers” such as subject, prepositions, and adverbs
- Organized you opinions about a topic with tighter paragraphs, then adding “clinchers” at the end.